January 16, 2012

An Apple A Day…

Let me start out by saying that I have never considered myself a hypochondriac.

Steve and I lead a very healthy lifestyle. We exercise regularly and eat very clean food. We don’t smoke or do drugs, and when we do drink, it’s typically Jesus Juice which is good for the heart. We’re hardly ever sick, so this apple-a-day philosophy has been working pretty well for us. The problem is, we can’t eat apples in South America. Or lettuce, berries, grapes, cherries, celery, any raw vegetable, and basically anything remotely healthy that doesn’t have a peel. We also won’t be able to exercise nearly as much, and I’m fairly certain my body is going to go into withdrawal.

I can’t remember the last time either one of us had to go to a doctor or dentist because of a problem, and now I’m convinced that our time is up. I can just imagine all of the world’s diseases are readying themselves to pounce on our healthy little unsuspecting bodies. But we’re not going down without a fight!

Pink pills? We’ve got ‘em. Blue, orange, red and yellow pills? We’ve got those, too.


This might seem on the verge of overkill, but for better or worse, “overkill” is sort of how I live my life.

If you want to find me these next two weeks, just look for a salad bar. You'll probably find me exercising to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment